Just wanted to share a collage I put together with information from a talk by Pastor Rick Warren from Saddleback Ministries (Link to 40 days of prayer) that I thought was helpful. Sometimes we get to the end of the day and we realise we haven’t spent a moment in prayer. Doh! This simple link is making the association with things we know well – The Lord’s Prayer and relevant times of day. Also the cute memes might help to jog your memory too 🙂
Our father who is in heaven…..
1. Get up with gratitude – thanksgiving
Hallowed be your name
2. Bless god’s name at breakfast – praise
May your kingdom come, thy will be done
3. Take a prayer break during the morning about what matters most – dedication. I align myself with God’s plan for life and myself
Give us this day my daily bread
4. Lunch – list my needs – petition. Anything. Ask for what others need too – intersession.
And forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us
5. Mid-afternoon – ask for forgiveness (taking out the garbage). Admit your sins and forgive others.
And lead us not into temptation, and deliver us from evil
6. End of day. Ask god to help you make wise decisions.
For yours is the kingdom, and the power and the glory, forever and ever.
7. Bedtime – I end my day with an encouraging truth – Benediction.